Returning from our Southwestern trip it felt great to get home and have at it. I decided to jump right into all the to do things on my mental list. Unpacked when we got home and sorted laundry. Next day I took both kids went to school, restocked groceries, and worked on laundry, picked up kids, played with them, made dinner and pretty much went straight to bed, so tired. Next morning repeat, except this time the fatigue was apparent for all of us. Ephraim and Ryan dragged a bit, Salome hit an emotional wall and I flailed about trying to pull it all together, while cleaning, putting away Christmas, all the while wondering how it was that having children some how entitled us to think we should know what the heck we are doing with parenting. It was definitely one of those days.
Today, Salome and I are taking a bit slower. Making cookies and organizing the kitchen together, she is a ball of joy. Hmm... perhaps she needed some down time and maybe her mama did too. And yes, they are reindeer cookies, a belated recipe Salome really wanted to make.
Note to self: down time is important, and maybe it is okay to be a bit behind. There is lots that needs to be done, and much more that I want to make happen. We are looking forward to my brother's wedding next week and family visits. I am thinking February may have to be my January.


No comments:
Post a Comment